The Writers Bloc is a semi-annual program offered by the DFW Writers Workshop. Our meetings combine a one-hour class on the craft or business of writing taught by a top-notch professional followed by a networking social-hour.
We believe in supporting every writer at every stage of their career and fostering connections within and between our local writing communities. Best of all, we are free and open to the public. Join us!
For upcoming event details, check back on this page.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Self-Publishing
Date: July 23rd
Time: 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Location: 4932 Wilbarger St., Fort Worth, Texas 76119
Come learn about the self-publishing industry with our two authors Sarah Bale and Russell C. Connor!
Speakers: Sarah Bale and Russell C. Connor
Sarah Bale's family always knew she was destined to write romances when they saw the elaborate stories she created for her Barbie dolls. When Sarah isn't writing she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, and also planning what she’d do in a zombie apocalypse. One of her favorite pastimes is attending comic cons where she can nerd out over all things Marvel. She is a USA Today Bestselling Author residing in Oklahoma and doesn't plan on leaving any time soon.
Russell C. Connor has been writing horror since the age of five, and is the author of two short story collections, five eNovellas, and fourteen novels, all self-published. His books have won two Independent Publisher Awards, sold thousands of copies, and regularly hit number 1 on the Amazon sales charts. He has been a member of the DFW Writers’ Workshop since 2006 and served as president for two years.
Want the deluxe experience? Become a member of the DFW Writers Workshop and receive exclusive access to video recordings of past classes, presenter handouts, slide decks, and other great resources.
Here are some of the jewels you'll have access to:
- Getting Your (Writing) Groove Back! with Kathleen Baldwin and Patience Griffin
- Pitch, Network, and Conference Like a Pro with Annie Neugebauer
- Adding Romance to Your Story with Amanda Arista
- The Three Elements of a Powerful Narrative with Shawn Scarber
- Technology for Writers: Tips, Tools, and Tricks with James Gaskin
- An Afternoon with Rachel Caine
- What to Expect When You're Expecting to be Published with David Goodner
- The Empty Quarter: Uncovering Act IIB with Suzanne Frank
- Dialogue for Non-Fluent Characters with Sheri Wells-Jensen
- Building Your Platform with Stephanie Barko
- Red Sofa Chat! with agents Dawn Frederick and Jennie Goloboy
- Wait! Before You Hit ‘Send’ with Tex Thompson and Jennie Komp
- Pros at Cons: Pitch and Network Your Way to Success with Mark Finn and Rosemary Clement
- Writing Hacks with Jaye Wells