The Writers Bloc is a semi-annual program offered by the DFW Writers Workshop. Our meetings combine a one-hour class on the craft or business of writing taught by a top-notch professional followed by a networking social-hour.
We believe in supporting every writer at every stage of their career and fostering connections within and between our local writing communities. Best of all, we are free and open to the public. Join us!
For upcoming event details, check back on this page.
Want the deluxe experience? Become a member of the DFW Writers Workshop and receive exclusive access to video recordings of past classes, presenter handouts, slide decks, and other great resources.
Here are some of the jewels you'll have access to:
- Getting Your (Writing) Groove Back! with Kathleen Baldwin and Patience Griffin
- Pitch, Network, and Conference Like a Pro with Annie Neugebauer
- Adding Romance to Your Story with Amanda Arista
- The Three Elements of a Powerful Narrative with Shawn Scarber
- Technology for Writers: Tips, Tools, and Tricks with James Gaskin
- An Afternoon with Rachel Caine
- What to Expect When You're Expecting to be Published with David Goodner
- The Empty Quarter: Uncovering Act IIB with Suzanne Frank
- Dialogue for Non-Fluent Characters with Sheri Wells-Jensen
- Building Your Platform with Stephanie Barko
- Red Sofa Chat! with agents Dawn Frederick and Jennie Goloboy
- Wait! Before You Hit ‘Send’ with Tex Thompson and Jennie Komp
- Pros at Cons: Pitch and Network Your Way to Success with Mark Finn and Rosemary Clement
- Writing Hacks with Jaye Wells