Submissions now closed.
How would you like to have two weeks to do NOTHING but write?
How often have you said to yourself, "If only I could just sit down and write without the daily grind getting in the way, I could actually finish this manuscript!"
Yes, we hear you. Having some quality time to actually sit in front of that keyboard and pound away the prose is something every writer yearns for. And now you can get it. (Well, at least two weeks of it!)
In alignment with our mission to help writers produce publishable quality work, and to extend our reach beyond North Texas, the Dallas-Fort Worth Writers’ Workshop will offer its inaugural Spring Residency in 2017.
One GRAND PRIZE winner will receive:
- The opportunity to spend two weeks with no obligations but writing.
- Admission to the 2017 Dallas-Fort Worth Writers Conference (which includes a ten-minute pitch session with an agent or editor).
Two weeks room and board, plus a room at the conference hotel.
Airfare to Dallas-Fort Worth from anywhere in the continental United States.
- Attendance at DFWCon VIP events not open to general conference attendees.
- A manuscript critique and mentorship with a published author.
Second and third place winners will receive:
- Free admission to the 2017 DFW Writers’ Conference.
Fourth and fifth place winners will receive:
- Half off admission to the 2017 DFW Writers’ Conference.
Participants should submit the first chapter (up to 5,000 words) of a book-length work of any prose genre along with an outline or synopsis that demonstrates your vision and ability to complete (or have completed) the project. The sample and outline should be uploaded together as a single document free of all identifying information. Entries that contain the author’s name or other contact information will be disqualified.
Applications will be accepted through March 22nd, 2017.
More information about the rules and regulations and how to submit, click here.