01/06/2021 GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
President: Rosemary Clement-Moore
Vice President of Membership: Matt Craig
Vice President of Events and Programs: Sally Hamilton
Treasurer: David Jones
Secretary: LeAnn Robinson
Vice President of Community Outreach: Sarah Terentiev
Vice President of Digital Media: Stacey Kuhns
Infrastructure: Mike Gelhausen
Conference Chair: Steve Manning
Officer(s) absent: - David Jones, Steve Manning
Meeting opening: - 7:11
Visitors: - Rachael, who writes fantasy
New Members: None
Book Reviews: - Harry – Jerry Gladys’s book Dying to Fly
Rejections: - Meredith got a rejection from Northern Arizona and Overland, and a deferral from TCU and one other.
Sarah Terentiev - Daily science fiction rejected Pest
Submissions: - Sarah – Flash Fiction Online – Pest
Acceptances: - Melissa – Fantasy short story Falling Gods in E-Zine Laureli Signal
- David Goodner’s second book, Kondo and Kezumi Reach Bell Bottom came out yesterday. It is also a junior library guild selection.
- Dana Swift’s book comes out in less than two weeks. I got my author copy today. Jan 19th will be a Books and Books in Miami launch (virtual). Thursday will be with Interrabang, interviewed by Leslie Lutz.
- Harry Hall, came across B4R (books for readers) sponsored by the Author’s marketing guild.
- Sarah Terentiev – her story is in an anthology that is up for the “Stabby” award on Redit.
- Next week is elections: Up for elections is President, VP Programs, and secretary. If you have good ideas, let us know. Be prepared to volunteer to help. Also, we need someone to a backup to what Mike does each week.
Time adjourned: 7:31
Total attendance: 36