05/20/2020 GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
President: Rosemary Clement-Moore
Vice President of Membership: Matt Craig
Vice President of Events and Programs: Sally Hamilton
Treasurer: David Jones
Secretary: LeAnn Robinson
Vice President of Community Outreach: Sarah Terentiev
Vice President of Digital Media: Colin Holmes
Conference Chair: Steve Manning
Officer(s) absent: - David Jones, Steve Manning
Meeting opening: - 7:05
Visitors: - none
New Members: - None
Book Reviews: -
- Vickie Dobbs – Fractured Tide by Leslie Lutz
- Colin Holmes – The Big Finish by Brooke Fossey
- B. Sanders – Tarzan, Conqueror or Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- John Bartell – An agent rejected Going Down
- Lauren Danhhof – her novel Believers
- Leslie Lutz – the option part of her contract was cancelled
- Catherine Link – a short story from a magazine she submitted to over a year ago (but it’s okay, because the story was picked up by someone else).
- John Bartell – Going Down to two agents. Also a chap book.
- Karen Ferrell – a short story
- Katie Bernett – a story to an anthology
- Carolyn Williamson – essay to Reader’s Degest on “how my neighbor helped during the crisis.”
- B. Sanders – Five submissions for novel Queen Alyson and the Apocalyptic Bunny to various agents.
- Michelle O’Neal – a video for beginning writers
- Lauren Danhof – got a request for full for Believers
- Leslie Lutz – Flash fiction contest – Aluvian Magazine, environmental horror called Blood and Venom
- David Goodner – novel has official release date – October 27. Others follow 2 months after that (January and April)
- Michelle O’Neal did an interview with a “social influencer.” Part of the interview was published in London Good Times magazine.
- Harry Hall – His book, This Used to be Dallas, publishing date pushed back to late September.
- Leslie Lutz – this Saturday, she will be doing a live Q&A on Instagram for Harper Collins. 2 pm.
Time adjourned: 7:37
Total attendance: 36