05/20/2020 GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
President: Rosemary Clement-Moore
Vice President of Membership: Matt Craig
Vice President of Events and Programs: Sally Hamilton
Treasurer: David Jones
Secretary: LeAnn Robinson
Vice President of Community Outreach: Sarah Terentiev
Vice President of Digital Media: Colin Holmes
Conference Chair: Steve Manning
Officer(s) absent: - Steve Manning, David Jones
Meeting opening: - 7:12
Visitors: - None
New Members: - None
Book Reviews: -
- Sarah Terentiev – Dana’s book
- Leslie Lutz – Dana’s book
- B. Sanders – Fractured Tide by Leslie Lutz; The Big Finish by Brooke Fossey; 2 books by Russell C. Connors; Iron Broderick by Tom Bont
- Lauren Danhof – Sarah Younger, Michele Brower and others
- Colin Holmes – TCU Press
- Lauren Danhof – to several agents, one of whom requested a full
- John Bartell – Going Down to an agent
- Dana Swift – Received the map for her book’s front matter from the illustrator. Leslie Lutz gave her a blurb. The book will be published in late November.
- Rosemary - There is now a read timer on the DFWWW website for use during the reads.
- Rosemary - Everyone needs to update their zoom program to version 5.0 by the end of the month.
- David Mooring – Last Wednesday he became a grandfather.
- Sarah Terentiev – Please send works that are published, and any classes that you have “in your pocket.”
- Rosemary – Please don’t log in for the Wednesday night meeting until 6:30. And be sure to get your RSVPs in on time.
- David Goodner – There is a request for stories to benefit NY restaurants
- Sarah Terentiev – One of the ways we retain talent to help us grow is with reviews.
- Carolyn Williamson – Bookbub won’t even sell you an ad if you don’t have reviews.
Time adjourned: 7:29
Total attendance: 34