03/11/2020 GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
President: Rosemary Clement-Moore
Vice President of Membership: Matt Craig
Vice President of Events and Programs: Sally Hamilton
Treasurer: David Jones
Secretary: LeAnn Robinson
Vice President of Community Outreach: Sarah Terentiev
Vice President of Digital Media: Colin Holmes
Conference Chair: Steve Manning
Officer(s) absent: Sarah Terentiev, Steve manning
Meeting opening: 7:02 p.m.
Visitors: - Our satellite chapter in Waco has come up.
Dawn Matelle, writes science and health. Just moved here
Kathy Stevens, found out from TCC art department
LeBeau, self-help, emotional content, screen writing
Gary Lee Webb, science fiction
Linda Richard, President, poetry
McHugh, been wiring since 10 yo. Poetry and science fiction
Casey Glover, urban fantasy podcast, been writing before I could write
Elaina Mobile, fantasy, been writing a long time
Scott Hamilton, technical writer trying to learn novels, experiences in Viet Nam
New Members: - Allison, middle grade book, first read today
Book Reviews: - none
Rejections: - none
Submissions: - Roseanne Gordon – flash fiction contest, Stella short story and New Millenium short story contests
Acceptances: - Roseanne Gordon - Creative non-fiction, made it through the first round of judging, and moving on to the finals.
- Meridith is here from college due to an extended spring break
- LeAnn has books you can read to review
- Brooke Fossey – my book comes out in less than a month, here are invitations for my book launch party. Please RSVP, and if you say you will come, please do. 10 April, in Richardson. There will also be one at the flagship Half-price Books in Dallas.
- Dana Swift – my book is available for pre-order everywhere books are sold. Cast in Firelight.
- Eric Dixon – To the Waco people: If you have Android phones and you like my timer, you can download it to your phone.
- Alan Crowley – friend who is doing book trailers – “I’ve been writing since the second grade. Books take on a life of its own. But at the end of the day, it’s about marketing. End-to-end marketing. If you have books that you want to promote, we have a marketing mix for you.”
- FYI: Rosemary: if you are wondering if we are meeting due to snow/dinosaurs/etc. I always go by what the Euless school district is doing.
Time adjourned: 7:27
Total attendance: 43