8/9/17 GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
President: Brooke Fossey
First Vice President: John Bartell
Second V.P.: Candice Watson
Treasurer: Karen Ferrell
Secretary: Leslie Lutz
Director of Special Projects: Stacy Kuhnz
Director of Communications: Tristan Johnson
Conference Chair: Steve Manning
Officer(s) absent: 4
Time meeting called to order: 7:03 p.m.
Business Reports: None
New Members: 0
- Carolyn Rae had two acceptances from Romance Writers of the America conference for her manuscript submissions.
- Carolyn Rae will be signing her book from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 12, at the Bedford public library.
- If you’re interested in finding a LGBTQ editor, talk to Carolyn Rae, who has info from the RWA conference.
- October 12-15, Fort Worth Bookfest will be kicking off their first year, and we will be a part of it. They will be hosting workshops and classes, including The Business of Writing, Editorial Work, and How to Self-Edit. We’re calling out to our established authors to help on these panels and workshops. If you’re a published author and want to showcase your work, you can fill out an application for exhibitor tables (October 14 is the big exhibition day). If you’d like to participate and be on a panel, see Stacey Kuhnz. The festival is free to attend.
- For Nanowrimo this year, DFWWW will participate in a series of weekly events in the “four corners” of DFW. Burleson and North Fort Worth will be included as locations. The purpose of these sessions is to help our writers achieve their goals while reaching out to other writers who are not part of the group. Stay tuned for the specific locations of the meetings.
- The 40th anniversary dinner is coming soon, and event volunteers will meet during workshop critique time on August 16 to talk about the dinner and plans. Send your pictures to Eric if you’d like to have your picture on the continuous slide show.
Time adjourned: 7:16
Total attendance: 41