8/16/17 GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
President: Brooke Fossey
First Vice President: John Bartell
Second V.P.: Candice Watson
Treasurer: Karen Ferrell
Secretary: Leslie Lutz
Director of Special Projects: Stacy Kuhnz
Director of Communications: Tristan Johnson
Conference Chair: Steve Manning
Officer(s) absent: 3
Time meeting called to order: 7:02 p.m.
Business Reports: None
New Members: 1
- Kay Nash’s “The Back Forty” was accepted into an anthology, Road Kill II: Texas Horror by Texas Writers.
- Brooke Fossey secured blurbs for her forthcoming book from some well-known authors.
- Fort Worth Bookfest needs authors for panels on October 14, including panels on “The Business of Writing,” “ How to Launch a Product,” “Editing for a Purpose,” and “Writing Genre.” We’re calling out to our established authors to help on these panels and workshops. If you’d like to participate, see Stacey Kuhnz.
- October 14 is Indie Author Day in Dallas, and the organization is looking for author speakers. Go to indieauthorday.com and talk to Stacey Kuhnz for more information.
- For Nanowrimo this year, DFWWW will participate in a series of weekly events in the “four corners” of DFW Metroplex. The purpose of these sessions is to help our writers achieve their goals while reaching out to other writers who are not part of the group. If you’d like to host one of these write-ins, see Stacey Kuhnz.
- The 40th anniversary dinner is coming soon. By your tickets now. Send your pictures to Eric if you’d like to have your picture on the continuous slide show.
Time adjourned: 7:20
Total attendance: 50