07/26/17 GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
President: Brooke Fossey
First Vice President: John Bartell
Second V.P.: Candice Watson
Treasurer: Karen Ferrell
Secretary: Leslie Lutz
Director of Special Projects: Stacy Kuhnz
Director of Communications: Tristan Johnson
Conference Chair: Steve Manning
Officer(s) absent: None
Time meeting called to order: 7:00 p.m.
Business Reports: None
New Members: 0
Ken Pardue’s essay, short story, and poem were accepted by Sleeping Panther Press.
Chris Longoria’s “Flying Girl” short story was accepted into Royal Light Publishing’s Power of the Pen, an anthology of poems and short stories
- David Goodner presented a new badge our president, “Brooke Fossey, Exalted Empress.”
- George Norman has a book signing at the Weatherford library.
- Chris Moore needs individuals who want to appear in a video short he’s producing. Two men and one woman.
- Stacey Kuntz announced that the Bedford public library is having a book sale (Friday, August 11 from 6 to 8 p.m. for members only, and August 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., which is open to the public. DFWWW authors are welcome to talk to the Bedford library about being a part of this event.
- If you have a book out and want to get some reviews, you might want to contact Jodi Thompson at Fawkes Press who has offered some of her net gallery spots. Make a donation of $50 or more to the Workshop, or buy six months at $450, and your book will get be featured in a downloadable format. An email is coming with more information.
- Brooke announced a writers retreat in coming up in England. See Brooke Fossey or the flyer on the corkboard for more information.
- The 40th Anniversary Dinner is coming up September 9, so get your tickets today! Roseanne and Antonia have done a great job. If you have any pictures you’d like to have displayed at the dinner, send them to Eric Dickson.
Time adjourned: 7:20 p.m.
Total attendance: 48