03/29/17 GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
President: Brooke Fossey
First Vice President: Rosemary Clement
Second V.P.: Candice Watson
Treasurer: Karen Ferrell
Secretary: David Goodner
Director of Special Projects: Stacey Kuhnz
Director of Communications: Brian Tracey
Conference Chair: Steve Manning
Officer(s) absent: None
Time meeting called to order: 1907 (7:07 pm)
Business Reports: None
New Members: 0
Submissions: 39 (All from Tom Bont and Brian Tracey)
- Carolyn Williamson: full request
- Melissa Lenhardt: interview with the Dallas Morning News
- Karen Farrell: 3 full requests
- Brian Tracey: full request
- Alex Martinez: Chinese movie rights to Monster sold.
- Brian Martin is starting a horror writing group in June. The group will meet bi-monthly at McFarlane House. Memberships are $50/year.
- John Bartell has been published in Flash Fiction Online.
- AllenCrowley: Jeffrey Eugenides will be speaking tomorrow at SMU.
- Tom Bont is doing a book talk at Last Word Bookstore Sunday from 3-5 pm
- Tracey Primm: Walk-In is a finalist in the Lamda Literary awards for Best Mystery.
- Karen Farrell is collecting donations for LIFT.
- Rosemary Clement: Writers Guild of Texas will meet April 11 from 9 AM- noon at the Richardson Civic Center.
- Brooke Fossey: Remember the Writers Bloc this Saturday and the DFWWW 40th anniversary party September 9th.
Time adjourned: 1923
Total attendance: 35