11/08/17 GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
President: Brooke Fossey
First Vice President: John Bartell
Second V.P.: Candice Watson
Treasurer: Karen Ferrell
Secretary: Leslie Lutz
Director of Special Projects: Stacy Kuhnz
Director of Communications: Katie Bernet
Conference Chair: Steve Manning
Meeting open: 7:07
New Members: 0
Leann Robinson sent her romance novel to Wild Rose Press and received a revise and resubmit from an editor.
- If you’re interested in taking part in the Nanowrimo “Four Corners” write-ins, please see Stacey Kuhnz or check our Facebook page and Twitter feed. So far we have a write-in happening in Richardson, Mansfield, and Keller. We’re looking for another spot to have the fourth write-in. We also have a write-in at the Grand Prairie Central Library on Conover Drive.
- Russell Connor will be interviewed on the Book Geeks Uncompromised podcast on November 9. He will also have a reading at the Fort Worth Restaurant of the Mind bookstore on November 11.
- We have an official Writers Bloc this sun from 5-7 at Interabang books. It is a free class. The subject is “How to Get Your Writing Groove Back.”
- Larry Enmon had his book Wormwood published in UK and Australia last Wednesday. Thanks everyone for their enthusiasm.
- If you do have something you like the workshop to recognize on social media, connect with Katie Bernet.
- C.J. Crittenden is a freelance writer with Dreamfly, and she needs a freelance editor for a senior who’s written about her family history.
- Members may be interested in a podcast called Hidden Scribe by Mark Millien. Mark is looking for guests who haven’t been published traditionally or all, and you can read your stories and they put sound effects to it. A great way to get something out there.
- Chicago Manual of Style has a new edition (17th), so please join the Editorial Freelancer’s Association at the Dallas Downtown Public Library for a party and review of the relevant changes in the guide, as well as an overview of other style guides.
- Brooke we have elections second week in January. Treasurer is open, and we’re now using QuickBooks. Stacey’s Job, Community Outreach, is available. And VP 2 is available (Candice), as well as Brooke’s position as president.
Time adjourned: 7:19
Total attendance: 38